North Dakota State University’s baseball team has played and practiced on campus at Newman Outdoor Field since 1997. The Bison share the facility with the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks of the independent American Association.
Completed in June 1996 at an original cost of $5.5 million, the stadium’s permanent seating capacity is 4,419 fans. Naming rights were awarded to Harold Newman, founder of Newman Outdoor Advertising, for $1.5 million in 1998.
Dimensions are 318 feet to left field, 399 feet to left-center field,
408 to center field, 365 to right-center, and 314 down the right-field
line. The surface is natural grass.
Dressing rooms are located under the stadium behind each dugout, and there is an indoor batting cage. A two-tiered press box with radio and television booths provides ample working space high above home plate between 12 spectator suites.
An LED video board measuring 26 feet wide and 13 feet high in left field is accompanied by a digital scoreboard. The stadium has superior lighting for evening and late-night games and a full-sized infield tarp for foul weather.
Newman Outdoor Field was the site of the 2000 North Central Conference tournament and the 2009 American Legion World Series. It is also home to the annual Fargo Blues Fest.
The Bison previously hosted games one mile east of campus at Jack Williams Stadium, the Fargo American Legion facility. NDSU also played on the artificial turf of former Bison football stadium Dacotah Field, and an on-campus diamond at 17th Avenue and Albrecht Boulevard that was lost to construction of the Fargodome after the 1990 baseball season.
Address 1515 15th Ave. N.
Fargo, ND 58102
Team Makers/Priority Points,
NDSU Athletic Ticket Office,
All Access users
Returning customers, please log in here.