Responsible Tailgating Encouraged During NDSU Football Games
Release: August 30, 2012
The Fargo Police Department in collaboration with NDSU Athletics, and the Fargodome encourage those who will be tailgating during upcoming NDSU football home games to have a safe and fun season by following state laws and NDSU/Fargodome rules and regulations. Tailgating is allowed in all Fargodome parking lots, however, consumption of alcohol is only allowed in lots E, F and G. Consumption and possession of alcohol is prohibited in lots A, AA, B, C, D, and all other lots on the NDSU campus. Fargo Police officers will be monitoring these lots to ensure no alcohol is present. Tailgating in parking lots may begin five hours before kickoff and must end 30 minutes before kickoff. All tailgating lots close one hour after the game.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The University and the Fargodome reserve the right to restrict any vehicle or person for reasons of safety.
2. For safety reasons, we ask that all beverages be consumed from plastic or paper cups.
3. Under no circumstances shall persons under 21 years of age have possession of alcoholic beverages in the tailgating areas. Persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
4. Beer kegs, party balls, open cans, and glass bottles of beverages are prohibited in all parking areas.
5. No open containers of alcoholic beverages will be permitted outside the designated lots.
6. Individuals who interfere with the rights of other people by the use of loud, abusive language and behavior that prevent others from enjoying tailgating and the game will be asked to cease the behavior or leave the event.
7. Tailgating participants are responsible for keeping Fargodome and North Dakota State University and surrounding areas clean. Trash bins are located on every lot, and trash bags are available from tailgating personnel. We encourage all fans to help keep the tailgating area clean.
8. Driving under the influence is illegal in the state of North Dakota. State drinking and driving laws will be enforced in and around all parking lots.
9. Solicitation is not allowed on the North Dakota State University campus or Fargodome property without a permit. The sale of items by anyone other than University personnel is prohibited unless the University has granted prior approval. All Fargodome solicitation policies apply.
10. Open flame fires, including fire pits, are prohibited in parking lots. Propane and charcoal grills are permitted. Please properly dispose of all hot coals.
11. Restrooms are available in the southwest corner of Fargodome from the opening of the tailgating lots until Fargodome doors open. Portable toilets are available in the west parking lots E and F. Please use these facilities. Additional restrooms available include the Fargodome lobby and Bison Sports Arena.
12. Please be aware that individuals who violate the above rules and regulations will be asked to leave the property and be subject to legal penalties.
13. Drinking games (included but not limited to beer pong), and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including but not limited to funnels or beer pongs) are prohibited.